Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Schnepf Farms...
Over the weekend we took Treston and our nephew Isaac to Schnepf Farms. Little did we know what we had in store for us. After about driving 20 or 30 minutes we finally arrive to our destination. As we're driving in, dust is just blowing everywhere. Chris and I have this look on our face, "do we dare?" And of course, he has this look on his face, "you better not change your mind after making a whole trip out here." So we precede with our little outing, and surely the wind isn't going to last the whole time we're here...ummm, wrong!
As we're getting out I'm thinking I didn't pack any snacks for the kids or water for that matter, "what kind of mother am I?!...ugh. I'll just have to buy the $4.00 water inside, and of course I didn't bring cash, do I need cash? I hope they take plastic or I'm screwed." :)
I wasn't expecting the farm to be as big as it was. People were walking in with all sorts of goodies and snacks and wagons with their kids. But as our little adventure turns out we managed to see some goats, cows, and pigs. Aren't there more animals on a farm? Oh well, the boys were happy. We even got on a bee ride that I so gladly volunteered to stand in line for. Almost an hour later, I was ready to shoot myself for another great idea I came up with. And of course, Chris and I managed to pick TWO BEES that didn't even lift during the whole ride. How's that for a laugh. :p All in all, we had a great time having somewhat of a day off. Later that day, we headed to do a day after session. But here are some images from the farm. :)
4560

4598

4592
And no we did not manage to get this high on the ride. :(
the bee
Waiting too long in line for the bee ride. :(
4663

4715

4713
I'm really not sure what is going on through his mind, gotta love that expression. :) And need I say more about the dust?
4720

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time, despite all the setbacks. ( you should have learned from my mistakes :)

Great job on the big picts!

Liene Stevens said...

look at your fancy blog with your big photos! you must have had the best teacher in the entire world. :)

this post is seriously too darn cute for its own good. God help you and Chris when your son gets old enough for girls to notice him. :)

RiCap said...

That looks like a fun day. I love the picture where Treston is really intently staring at the goat, or it looks like he may be trying to look up the goat's nostrils, I'm not sure, but it's great!

Mr. Billey said...

Much thanks to you Leine! I likey the big images. :)